Daniel R. Gutenplan, Shareholder
Daniel Gutenplan is an experienced litigator who has tried numerous cases in both state and federal court, as well as before various arbitration tribunals, on behalf of a diverse range of clients, from prominent actors, musicians, and athletes to Fortune 500 companies. Daniel has represented clients in a wide range of business and entertainment disputes, including those involving intellectual property, labor and employment, trusts and estates, insurance bad faith, class actions, real estate, accounting and auditing malpractice, right of publicity, profit participation, licensing disputes, and business torts.
Daniel has been selected as a Southern California “Rising Star” from 2011 through 2017. While in law school, Daniel was an extern to the Honorable Laurence D. Rubin on the California Court of Appeal, 2nd District.
- Obtained multimillion-dollar fraud verdict on behalf of plaintiff arising from $43 million sale of dialysis centers.
- Following a seven-week jury trial, obtained complete defense verdict and multimillion-dollar verdict on counterclaim, including an award of punitive damages and attorneys’ fees, on behalf of publicly-traded global engineering firm.
- Obtained summary judgment ruling and complete dismissal in defense of world’s largest stock photo agency in $40 million licensing dispute.
- Represented prominent actress at trial in successful defense against $10 million breach of contract claim.
- Obtained complete defense verdict at trial on behalf of renowned celebrity in dispute concerning ownership of multi-million dollar portrait.
- Obtained arbitration award on behalf of longtime manager of acclaimed entertainment figure in commission dispute.
- Represented international film production company at arbitration in successful defense against writer’s fraud and breach of contract claims.
- Obtained complete dismissal of multi-million dollar breach of contract action against prominent entertainer on special motion to strike (anti-SLAPP).