Robert A. Rabbat, Shareholder
Robert A. Rabbat is a business attorney with an emphasis on real estate transactions and litigation. Robert participates in all aspects of real estate transactions, including acquisition, development, sale, syndication, fund formation, and related matters. He also has extensive experience handling litigation including real estate litigation, construction issues, fiduciary litigation, and intellectual property matters. Robert has particular experience handling partnership disputes and representing shareholders involved with intra-corporate disputes concerning closely held or family corporations. Robert also has experience handling substantial family law matters and custody dispute and participates in general corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, finance, and general corporate governance.
- Represent owner developing mixed use commercial-industrial project in Las Vegas, NV.
- Represented group forming real estate investment fund for acquisition of mobile home parks and self-storage facilities.
- Represented sponsor in formation of real estate investment fund for acquisition of multi-family real estate assets.
- Represented sponsor/promoter in syndication of multi-family acquisition in Los Angeles, CA.
- $100,000,000 syndicated credit facility for major motion picture production company.
- $10,000,000 sale of the World Poker Tour.
Representative Litigation Matters
- Represent alleged guarantor of $5,000,000 construction loan for development of mobile home park in Mesquite, Nevada, in litigation with lender following foreclosure.
- Represent group of minority shareholders in action for breach of fiduciary duty against controlling shareholder based upon minority shareholder oppression.
- Represent successor trustee in litigation concerning alleged failure to disclose defects in property held by trust.
- Represent real estate investment firm in action for breach of fiduciary duty relating to commercial lease transaction.
- Represented owner in dispute with co-joint venturer concerning development of 35 acres of raw land in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented investor in financing of medical marijuana production facility in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented owner in acquisition of medical marijuana production facility in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented insurer in coverage action concerning alleged environmental contamination of Portland Harbor and Willamette River.
- Represented manufacturer of LED lighting products in litigation over alleged breaches of distribution agreement.
- Represented subcontractor in connection with disputes relating to mixed-use high-rise development in downtown San Diego, California.
Robert is author of “Application of Share-Price Discounts and Their Role in Dictating Corporate Behavior,” published in Willamette Law Review in Winter 2007.