The attorneys in the Firm’s Finance Practice Group have several decades of extensive experience representing community, regional, and national banks and other financial institutions in all aspects of commercial finance and lending, including the following:
● Commercial real estate lending for portfolio lenders, conduit lenders, and “hard” money lenders
● Construction, bridge, and rehabilitation loans
● Asset based lending, cash flow lending, and other business loans
● Entertainment and media finance
● Mezzanine loans and second lien financing
● Loan servicing and administration, including mechanic’s lien and stop payment notice claims and title insurance issues
● Loan purchases and sales, including transactions for individual loans, bulk residential loan purchase and sale transactions, and sales of distressed loans
● Loan modifications, workouts and restructures
● Lender liability prevention, defense and litigation
● Loan participations and syndications
● Creditors’ rights and remedies, including foreclosures and receiverships
EP&G’s Finance Practice Group has broad experience handling finance transactions for all property types, including retail centers, office buildings, industrial properties, multifamily and mixed use projects, condominium developments, single family subdivisions, and special use properties (including hotels, health care facilities, ground lease financing, and self-storage facilities).
The Firm’s commercial lending attorneys have extensive experience in structuring, documenting, and negotiating all types of complex financing transactions. The Finance Practice Group lawyers at EP&G combine sophisticated commercial finance and lending experience with a focus on cost-effectiveness, efficiency, and responsiveness. While vigorously protecting our client’s interests, we are also mindful of the need to adopt constructive, practical, and solution-oriented approaches in order to achieve our client’s objectives and complete transactions within our client’s expected time frames.
The following are representative transactions which have been handled by the attorneys in the Firm’s Finance Practice Group:
- Represented lenders (commercial banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions) in the origination, documentation, or restructure of more than of $2 Billion in construction, bridge, and permanent loans for commercial, industrial, and residential projects.
- Represented lender in $325 million financing for development of $1.2 billion mixed use project in downtown Los Angeles, including 500 condominium units, 185 room hotel, and 200,000 square feet of commercial retail space. The lender raised its capital through a syndication to foreign investors in China through the USCIS Immigrant Visa EB-5 Program.
- Represented commercial bank in permanent loan secured by 280,000 square foot office building located in San Diego, California.
- Represented commercial bank in $72 million permanent loan for retail shopping center anchored by four “big box” national retail tenants.
- Represented commercial bank in construction loan for development of high rise luxury condominium project on Wilshire Boulevard in West Los Angeles, California.
- Represented one of the largest commercial banks headquartered in Southern California in connection with the restructure of multiple loans aggregating more than $25,000,000 secured by multiple industrial properties in downtown Los Angeles.
- Represented lender in sale of portfolio of REO properties consisting of three hotel facilities in Sacramento, California.
For further information call us (310) 899-2070, or email:
William S. Small, email@example.com
Peter R. Fischer, firstname.lastname@example.org