The Firm’s highly ranked real estate attorneys have extensive experience handling all facets of real estate acquisitions and sales, development, leasing, construction, and financing for a full range of property types in California and across the country.
ERL&P’s Real Estate Practice Group can efficiently handle large portfolio transactions as well as complex deals involving a single property. Our experienced real estate lawyers provide our clients with innovative yet practical solutions so that our clients can efficiently achieve their goals while identifying risks and addressing them in a constructive and pragmatic manner.
Our real estate group serves our clients’ real estate needs in all of the following areas:
- Acquisitions, and dispositions of all property types, including office, apartment, retail, and industrial properties, land for development purposes, special use properties and facilities (including hotels, nursing homes, leasehold estates), and complex multi-state acquisitions and dispositions.
- 1031 exchange transactions of all types, including forward and reverse exchanges, multi-property exchanges, TIC roll-ups and transactions, refinancing and investment.
- Real estate partnerships, joint ventures, equity investments, and tenant-in-common (“TIC”) transactions of all types, including representation of sponsors, investors, special purpose entities, funds, syndicators, and others.
- Real estate financing, including extensive lender and borrower side negotiation of loan documentation for permanent, construction, bridge, refinancing, and mezzanine loans
- Ground lease transactions for landlords, tenants, and leasehold lenders.
- Commercial leasing transactions, including representation of shopping center, office building, and industrial property owners and other commercial landlords and nationally and regionally-recognized retail tenants and other lessees in all aspects of leasing transactions (e.g., due diligence, lease negotiation and documentation, complex tenant and landlord work letters and construction agreements, ground leases and build to suit transactions, and lease administration).
- Real estate development and construction of all property types, including extensive experience with design/ development/construction contracts with architects, engineers, and general contractors.
- Real estate fund formation, private placements, REIT transactions and all phases of securities law issues relating to real estate sponsors and transactions.
- Loan modifications, workouts and restructures
ERL&P’s Real Estate Practice Group has broad experience handling commercial real estate transactions for all property types, including retail centers, office buildings, industrial properties, multifamily and mixed use projects, condominium developments, single family subdivisions, and special use properties.
The Firm’s real estate attorneys further benefit our clients by drawing on the strength of the Firm’s other practice areas and outside counsel, including lawyers who focus on corporate law, tax and litigation.
The following are representative transactions which have been handled by the attorneys in the Firm’s Real Estate Group:
- Closed several major portfolio acquisitions including a $400 million acquisition of a multistate portfolio of properties, and a $66 million four property portfolio JV and TIC deal in Birmingham, AL
- Closed a $130 million acquisition of one of the largest residential towers in Seattle
- Worked on several complex 1031 exchanges, including exchanges from $170 million and $270 million relinquished properties with multi-property multistate exchanges
- Represented buyer in connection with $27.2 million acquisition of 181 unit apartment complex in Los Angeles, California.
- Represented buyer in connection with $27 million land purchase for development of 152 unit condominium project in Anaheim, California.
- Represented seller in connection with $21 million land sale for development of multifamily apartment complex in Koreatown area of Los Angeles.
- Represented owner in a $60 million disposition of four industrial buildings in California to a publicly held REIT.
- Represented owner of a former oil refinery site in a $26,000,000 phased land sale to an industrial developer, including resolution of complex hazardous waste remediation issues.
- Represented developer in the purchase and development of a $120,000,000 luxury apartment complex in Los Angeles, California, the conversion of the project to residential condominiums, and the marketing and retail sale of the condominium units.
- Represented developer of residential/mixed use project consisting of 420 acre master planned development in Rancho Mirage, California, including negotiation of 99 year ground lease with the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians
- Represented developer/landlord in the acquisition, development, and leasing of retail shopping center in Palm Springs, California, including negotiation and documentation of “build to suit” leases with Staples, Best Buy, Smart&Final, and Starbucks.
- Represented nationally recognized fitness company in California retail lease transactions in over a dozen locations, including retail locations in Hollywood, Fashion Island, Palo Alto, Malibu and Santa Monica.
For further information call us (310) 899-2070, or email:
Salvador P. LaViña, Department Chair, email@example.com
William S. Small, firstname.lastname@example.org