Peter R. Fischer, Shareholder
Peter Fischer is a shareholder, and a member of the Firm’s corporate and real estate groups, as well as the head of the Firm’s entertainment practice. Peter’s practice includes a wide range of general business, corporate, real estate and, other commercial law matters.
Peter regularly acts as general and strategic counsel to privately held middle-market and emerging growth companies. Peter is integral in assisting with corporate formation and structuring needs, negotiating stock and asset acquisitions, structuring and documenting a wide range of financial transactions (including private placements, senior and subordinated loan agreements, leveraged buyouts and restructurings). He also routinely represents clients in connection with a diverse range of entertainment, media and intellectual property matters, including complex production, distribution and financing transactions, capital raising transactions for production and other entertainment companies.
Peter also represents clients in transactional real estate matters, including acquisition, syndication, fund formation, development, leasing, construction, and other financings. He has represented developers, investors, borrowers, and lenders in all product types, including multi-family, senior care, retail, industrial, medical office and residential.
Notable Transactions & Experience
General Corporate Matters
- Acted as outside general counsel for an LED lighting company and took that company public through a reverse merger on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Represented an electric vehicle charging infrastructure company in connection with several joint ventures and licensing and development arrangements with charging companies.
- Represented a California skilled nursing care company in connection with the restructuring of the company’s outstanding equity and the negotiation of a first and second lien credit facility.
- Represented a manufacturer and worldwide supplier of mobile data capture and delivery equipment in connection with that company’s loan facility and its licensing arrangements.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with the fund’s leveraged buyout with certain co-investors of a leading provider of auction and remarketing services in the power sports industry.
- Represented a real estate development company in the structuring of a Regulation D private placement of securities in connection with that company’s formation of a foreclosure fund in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Represented a mobile home park operator in California in connection with the negotiation and structuring of a debt restructuring and settlement agreement by and among the park operator, its mobile home broker-client and the broker’s inventory financier.
- Represented a major financial institution as agent for a group of lenders in the real estate financing of the L.A. Live complex in downtown Los Angeles.
- Represented a prominent Latin supermarket chain in the restructuring of that company’s $50,000,000 outstanding loan facility and negotiated a potential sale of that company.
- Represented a money-center bank as agent for a syndicate of financial institutions in the $1.9B senior secured revolving credit and multiple term loan facility for the financing of the design, development, construction, and operation of multiple casino and hotel projects in Macau by a major Las Vegas casino company.
- Represented a real estate development company in the establishment of a joint venture and the raising of financing with certain co-investors to invest in distressed trust deed assets.
- Entertainment and Intellectual Property Matters
- Represented a film development fund in connection with investments in two independent horror/thriller films.
- Represented a major independent production and distribution company in connection with that company’s acquisition of a specialty film division from a major studio.
- Represented a major entertainment lender in connection with the $67.5M production and P&A loan to an independent production company for a slate of six motion pictures.
- Represented a real estate-backed production company in connection with a $5.5M single-picture production loan for that company’s first motion picture.
- Represented an independent production company in connection with the restructuring of its existing debt and equity and the formation of its new holding company.
- Represented a well-known horror/thriller author and agent in the option and sale of multiple literary properties and the subsequent development and production of film projects based thereon.
- Represented a writer/director in the licensing of his projects for the television and Internet markets.
- Represented a new media production company in the licensing of multiple properties to a major studio for domestic and international development and production.
- Represented a startup new media company in connection with the formation of an Internet streaming music service.
Prior Experience and Education
Before joining Enenstein Pham & Glass as a shareholder, Peter was an attorney with Loeb & Loeb in that firm’s transactional entertainment group as well as a former corporate attorney with Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton and Latham & Watkins.
Peter earned his undergraduate degree from Union College and, after living and working in Osaka, Japan, for two years, received his law degree, from American University’s Washington College of Law in Washington D.C.